If spinach is an essential ingredient in delicious vegan recipes, we are tempted to present another collection of recipes with spinach, unearthed in such or such regional or national cuisine. You surely grew up with the tapes and cartoons where Popeye the sailor gulps down his favorite dish – spinach, to build muscle.
It may even be that thanks to this character, in your childhood, you liked this leafy green vegetable and you transmit this “affection” to your own children. So, complete your book of culinary temptations with our amazing proposals.
Recipes with spinach – a good nutritional source
Notoriously, spinach is a superfood because the list of its benefits is long. This dark green vegetable is important for healthy skin, hair, and bones. It provides protein, iron, vitamins, and minerals.
Other possible benefits that recipes with spinach provide are: improving blood sugar control in people with diabetes, reducing cancer risk, and improving bone health, as well as providing minerals and vitamins.
This set of benefits can be incorporated quite easily into any diet. Taking pride in place in the Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, and Southeast Asian cuisines, a 100 gram serving of spinach contain 28.1 milligrams of vitamin C or 34% of the daily recommendation.
The leafy vegetable can be added as an ingredient to many recipes with cooked or served raw spinach because it is cheap and easy to prepare. If you’ve wowed your guests with salmon steaks with cream and spinach, it’s time to enrich your menu.
Spinach Recipes – 2 Finger-sucking Salads
Halloumi cheese originates from the island of Cyprus and is traditionally made from goat’s milk and sheep’s milk to which cow’s milk has recently been added. The combination with spinach and oranges increases the store of vitamins and minerals for enhanced immunity.
- 250 g halloumi cheese
- 200 g of spinach in sachet
- 2 large oranges
- 1 bunch of mint, only the leaves
- Almonds and chickpeas for garnish
- Slice the halloumi and grill the slices on the griddle for 3-4 minutes per side until charred, then set aside.
- Pour the spinach and half the mint on a large dish.
- Cut the oranges and pour the juice from the cutting board into a bowl, then squeeze the rest to extract the juice.
- Sprinkle the orange pieces over the spinach.
- Chop the remaining mint and mix with the orange juice, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and a little seasoning.
- Place the halloumi slices on the salad and pour dressing over them.
- Serve with hot flatbreads.
A great watermelon and spinach salad
This tasty salad from our collection of spinach recipes can be included as a dinner and count as 3 in your vegetarian menu. With tasty quinotto recipes for quinoa, toasted pumpkin seeds, feta, and ripe watermelon go fabulously in this recipe with spinach. As ingredients get:
- 100 g of quinoa
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- ½ small watermelon, skin, and seeds removed, cut into pieces
- 80 g baby spinach
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- ½ small packet of mint, finely chopped
- the juice of a lime
- 50 g crumbled feta
- 1 punnet of watercress
During the first step, rinse the quinoa, then put it in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and cover with 200 ml of water. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 15 minutes or until frothy and water is absorbed. Don’t worry if it only takes a short time. Fork to separate the grains, then let cool.
Meanwhile, in step 2, heat a skillet over medium heat and toast the pumpkin seeds for 1 min or until they start to pop. Pour into a bowl or on a plate with watermelon, spinach, avocado, mint, and feta. Stir in the quinoa, then squeeze the lime juice with a pinch of seasoning. Finally, garnish with watercress and serve.
Our third spinach salad proposal
This spinach and nut salad is drizzled with blue cheese dressing. It should include 75 g of blue cheese, 4 tablespoons of creme fraiche, 100 g of spinach leaves, 50 g of pieces of walnuts.
First mash the blue cheese, creme fraiche, and a little seasoning in a bowl with 50 ml of water until smooth and pourable.
Then put the spinach on a plate, sprinkle with pieces of walnuts and drizzle with blue cheese vinaigrette.
Our recipes with spinach to sip delicious soups: creamy lentil and spinach soup with bacon
In a previous post, we revealed the secret to cold or warm lentil salad, but this time we assure you that the soup below, rich in ingredients and served with a crispy bacon garnish in a luxurious bowl is packed with plenty. of benefits. To perform it, you must use:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 140 g green lentils
- 1 ½ l weak vegetable broth
- 200 g baby spinach
- 4 tablespoons double cream, plus a drizzle for serving
- 6 slices of striped smoked bacon
Three steps to follow strictly
- Put the oil, onions, carrots, and celery in a large saucepan and cook for about 10 minutes to soften.
- Stir in the lentils and pour in the broth. Bring to a boil, then lower and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until the lentils are soft, adding more water if the mixture begins to dry out. Add the spinach and cook for a few more minutes, until wilted. Stir the soup until smooth, then stir in the cream and season. Keep the soup warm over low heat.
- Heat a little oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and fry until crispy and golden. Pour the soup into bowls, drizzle with a little cream and crumble the crispy bacon over them.
A vibrant green mixed soup with a semi-fat creme fraiche
It’s healthy and filling to batch and freeze. For its ingredients you need:
- 25g butter
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1 leek (about 120 g), sliced
- 2 small celery sticks (about 85 g), sliced
- 1 small potato (about 200 g), peeled and diced
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1l broth (made from two cubes of chicken or vegetable broth)
- 2 sachets of spinach of 200-235 g
- 150 g of semi-fat fresh cream
Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add the onions, leek, celery, and potato. Stir and put the lid on. Boil for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
Pour in the broth and cook, 10 to 15 minutes, until the potato is tender.
Add the spinach and cook for a few minutes until soft. Use a hand blender to obtain a smooth soup.
Incorporate the creme fraiche. Reheat and serve.
These spinach dishes will make your saliva in your mouth
A flavorful Indian dish, saag paneer is concocted as a popular vegetarian side dish. It is gluten-free and rich in calcium and folic acid from spinach. To succeed, use:
- 2 tablespoons of ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri pepper powder
- Paneer (Indian cheese) 450g, cut into 3cm cubes
- 500 g spinach, fresh or frozen ripe
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch-sized piece of ginger
- 1 green chili, coarsely chopped (include seeds for added spice)
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala (a mixture of Indian spices)
- ½ lemon, juice, to serve
Follow the instructions in step one
Melt the clarified butter (ghee), whisk in the turmeric and chili powder, then add the cubed paneer and mix well. Set aside. If using frozen spinach, microwave for 3-5 minutes, then place it in a sieve and squeeze to remove most of the water. If you are using fresh spinach, place it in a colander, pour boiling water over it, strain, and let cool, then put on a kitchen towel and wring out most of the water. Roughly chop.
Mix the onion with garlic, ginger, and green pepper. Cook the paneer in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 8 minutes, stirring the contents so that they turn golden all over. Remove and set aside on a plate, leaving the spices in the pan. Pour the onion mixture into the pan, add a pinch of salt and lower the heat. Fry until caramel-colored, about 10 minutes, adding a little water if it looks a little dry. Add the garam masala, stir to coat the onion mixture, fry for 2 minutes.
Add the spinach and cook for another 2-3 minutes, adding 100ml of water to release all the flavors from the bottom of the pot. Add the paneer and cook for 2-3 minutes to heat through. Pour into bowls and squeeze a little lemon juice over them before serving.
Sausage and Spinach Pasta Stew
This dish is a perfect family meal that combines tomatoes with a creamy cheese sauce.
- 6 good quality pork sausages (approx.400 g), peeled
- A 680g jar of garlic and herb passata
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- Pasta 500 g
- 400 g spinach
- 2 jars of 350 g ready-to-use cheese sauce
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 100 g grated Parmesan
- 1 egg, beaten, glaze
- Heat a large skillet to brown the sausages using a wooden spoon to mash the meat. Remove the fat from the pan, stir in the passata, bring to a boil, then add the oregano and season. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook the pasta for 2 minutes less than the package indicates, reserve a little cooking water, then drain, let cool under cold water, and drain again. Meanwhile, pour a kettle of boiling water over the spinach in a colander to make it wilt, then wring out all the water. Mix the pasta with the cheese sauce and some of the reserved water to loosen it. Season.
- In a large dish, add the sauce to the meat, then the spinach, a little nutmeg, and the seasoning. Then add a third of the Parmesan, the cheese pasta, more nutmeg, and finally the rest of the cheese. Wrap and freeze. Thaw at room temperature for about 8 hours. Heat oven to 200˚C / 180˚C fan/gas 6. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until hot and golden brown.
Quick lasagna with mushrooms and spinach
This Italian delicacy can be included in a very balanced Mediterranean diet. Before starting the preparation, obtain:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 250g packet of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves, chopped
- 200 g of spinach in sachet
- 300 g light soft cheese in a jar
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- 6 sheets of fresh lasagna
- First, preheat the oven to 200˚C / 180˚C fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the garlic and cook for 1 min. Add the mushrooms and thyme, then cook for 3 minutes until they start to soften. Stir in the spinach and stir until the heat of the pan wilts the leaves. Remove from the heat and stir in the soft cheese, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan, and a little seasoning.
- Place a quarter of the spinach mixture in the bottom of a medium-sized baking dish, place 2 pasta sheets on top, then repeat until you have used all the pasta. Finish with the last quarter of the spinach mixture, sprinkle with Parmesan, then bake for 35 minutes until golden and the pasta is tender.
Finish with a vitamin smoothie to swallow with pleasure
Does it seem strange to you to combine strawberries with spinach? On the other hand, we guarantee that after trying, you will only start your day with this delicious smoothie. Sweet fruits and spinach with avocado are a nutrient bomb of calcium, vitamin C, folic acid, and fiber, a great alternative to the fat-burning slimming smoothie. You only need:
- 160 g ripe strawberries, peeled
- 160 g baby spinach
- 1 small avocado, halved and the flesh hollowed out
- 150 ml of organic yogurt in a jar
- 2 small oranges, squeezed, plus ½ teaspoon finely grated zest
Put all the ingredients in a blender and whisk until everything is perfectly smooth. If it is a little thick, add a drop of ice water, then mix again. Pour into glasses and drink straight away.