Fruits, fiber, and protein in a colorful vitamin concentrate to enjoy with a spoon!
Some tasty fruits, a delicious creamy texture, oilseeds for the crunchy touch, the smoothie bowl is a real star on Instagram and we quickly understand why. Tasty, healthy, satiating, it is also incredibly aesthetic and allows an infinity of creative variations.
The principle? Ingredients are carefully mixed and then accompanied by a multitude of toppings to fill up on vitamins and antioxidants at breakfast time, all in just a few minutes.
Enough to put your traditional smoothie aside to be surprised by a trend that is not about to fall!
The smoothie bowl, what for?
But after all, why bother eating with a spoon what you can simply sip by the glass in a few minutes?
The advantage here is that the smoothie deviates from its function as a drink to become a complete meal. The fruity base always remains fresh and tasty while the different toppings added offer various texture games and a real feeling of satiety.
How to make a smoothie bowl?
The smoothie bowl consists of a few simple steps, the most difficult being to choose its ingredients!
- Fruits and vegetables: Apple, mango, strawberry, red fruits but also avocado, spinach or beetroot, all choices are allowed! If possible, they will be preferred frozen for more freshness and texture, and we will keep some fresh fruit for decoration.
- Protein powder: Optional but excellent for the body, they come in a multitude of flavors to bring a little base note to our smoothie bowl.
- A liquid: A little water, milk or fruit juice will help the mixture smoothly. To be added gradually according to the desired thickness.
And the toppings in all this? Time for creativity!
Which toppings for my smoothie bowl?
Adding toppings is perhaps the most enjoyable part of our recipe.
We will bet on fresh fruits, ripe, blueberries, raspberries, nectarines according to the season that we choose for their taste and colors and that we will arrange beautifully.
Seeds or oilseeds for fiber and nutrients, homemade granola, almonds, hazelnuts, chia seeds, hemp, squash, or maybe a nut butter that we will lightly water the surface of our smoothie bowl.
And for a little more texture, we will turn to dried fruits or coconut chips!
Preparation: 5 minutes.
Kcal: 214 | Fat: 2.5 g | Of which saturated fats: 1.6 g | Carbohydrates: 47.5 g | Sugar: 25.9 g | Fiber: 8.8 g | Protein: 2.8 g | Sodium: 9 mg
- 100 g frozen red fruits
- 1 small banana well ripe, frozen and cut into slices
- 45 ml of coconut or almond milk (increase the amount if necessary)
- 30 g of protein powder or vanilla flavor
- 10 g grated coconut
- 10 g chia seeds
- 10 g hemp seeds
- A handful of granola (optional)
- Some fruits (optional)
In the bowl of a blender, pour the red fruits and bananas and mix at low speed until only a few small pieces remain.
Add the milk and protein powder and mix again, always at low speed, until a homogeneous preparation is obtained. Scrape the edges of the blender as you go if necessary.
Pour into a bowl and garnish selected toppings.
Smoothie bowls: Some variations
At breakfast, smoothie bowls follow one another and are not alike! Among the most original variations, we will find in particular:
- The banana-almond bowl smoothie: 1 frozen banana, 30 g of almond butter, 15 ml of honey, 5 ml of vanilla extract, 1 pinch of cinnamon. To garnish with a few slices of fresh banana, a handful of granola and a few nuts.
- The peach-raspberry bowl smoothie: 100 g of frozen raspberries, 50 g of sliced peach, 125 g of plain yogurt with whole milk, 1/2 zucchini cut into pieces, 15 ml of honey, 5 ml of vanilla extract, 1 pinch of flaxseed.
- The chocolate-strawberry smoothie bowl: 1 ripe banana cut into slices, 65 g of frozen cauliflower, 100 g of sliced frozen strawberries, 60 ml of coconut milk, 60 ml of coconut water, 25 g of unsweetened cocoa powder, 30 g of almond butter. To garnish with a few strawberries, a little granola and crushed cocoa.
The smoothie bowl can be enjoyed without waiting.
For a more aesthetic rendering, add the heaviest elements last.