Soft and light donuts to recharge your batteries at any time of the day!
Let anyone who does not like donuts dare to raise his hand!
Filled with chocolate, jam, or covered with a glossy topping, donuts are the perfect way to opt for a cake for breakfast. The mountain of sugar present in industrial products still invites reflection and it is here that the healthy variations and their good natural ingredients, excellent for health, come into play.
So, rather a fruit donut or chocolate chips? This one is natural and covered with delicious nut butter icing to adapt to all desires!
Donuts, why do we love them so much?
In the United States especially, the donut is a real institution. From the National Donut Day celebrated on June 5 to the Krispy Kreme Challenge during which participants must complete a 5 km race while gobbling up a dozen donuts, this small round pastry is of all events!
As a dessert or as an energetic snack after a sports session, it is also found highlighted in birthday buffets or on any other occasion. With its simple shape and infinity of flavors, it has seduced young and old and it is not Homer Simpsons who will say the opposite.
To be accompanied by a scoop of ice cream for a moment of pure gluttony amply deserved!
History of such a particular form
And this ring shape is recognizable by the way, where does it come from?
Some evoke a certain Gregory Hanson, a sailor aged 16 in 1847, who would have had the idea of a hole dug in the middle of the donut to allow a better distribution of the baking, the cake being until then crispy at the ends and barely cooked in the heart. Others note that donuts have gained popularity at the same time as bagels, then hung on ropes and offered by street vendors. Form a hole in the donut thus allowed to sell them in the same way. And we love it!
What ingredients in my healthy donut?
For low-carb donuts, our healthy recipe has focused on healthy but equally tasty ingredients including:
- Oatmeal: Rich in good fats and very satiating.
- Protein powder: Excellent for muscle building.
- Honey: Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, to sweeten naturally.
And of course, no question of frying! The donuts are baked in the oven, in a lightly greased suitable mold.
The result? Fluffy and swollen donuts filled with good things and covered with natural icing where others contain up to 18 different ingredients!
Preparation: 5 minutes.
Cooking: 15 minutes.
For 1 donut:
Kcal: 288 | Sugar: 7 g | Fats: 21 g | Of which saturated fats: 7 g | Sodium: 197 mg | Protein: 10 g | Fiber: 3 g | Carbohydrates: 17 g | Calcium: 142 mg | Cholesterol: 42 mg
- 100 g almond powder
- 60 g oatmeal
- 60 g protein powder
- 2 eggs
- 120 ml almond milk
- 1/2 sachet baking powder
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 45 ml of honey
- 60 g melted coconut oil
- Optional: 60 g of nut butter for icing
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (thermostat 5).
- In a container, whisk together the almond powder, oatmeal, protein powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well. The dough should be thick without being difficult to work. Add a little water or milk if necessary.
- Grease the donut pans with a little coconut oil or cooking plaster.
- Pour the dough into the molds using a spoon or socket bag.
- Bake at 150°C for 10 to 15 minutes, until the surface of the donuts is slightly browned.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and decorate some nut butter of your choice.
Healthy donuts: Some variants
To vary the pleasures, why not use the neutral basis of our recipe by adding new flavors? We will think in particular of the versions:
- Blueberry Pie: Protein powder vanilla flavor, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 pinch of nutmeg and 60 g of blueberries added to the dough just before baking.
- Mocha: Protein powder vanilla flavor, 1 small spoon of finely ground espresso coffee and 30 g of chopped dark chocolate. The icing here can be composed of dark chocolate and coconut butter.
- Apple Spice: Protein powder vanilla flavor, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 pinch of nutmeg, 1 pinch of ginger and 60 g of apples cut into small pieces added to the dough just before baking. A delight!