Summer makes its entrance through the big door: with very hot days. And what’s the best way to cool off beyond a good swim on the beach or pool? Eat an ice cream, yes, as natural as possible, made at home so you can control the amount of sugar or sweetener and be a rich and healthy dessert or snack.
Here I leave you some homemade proposals so that you can enjoy them throughout the summer.
1.- Watermelon polo and yogurt
It is one of the easiest to prepare and is also very colorful.
- Start by cutting a watermelon in half, remove the nuggets and chop it. Squeeze a lemon and lower it along with the watermelon, two yogurts and 50 grams of sugar, for two minutes.
- Add a few nuggets of chocolate.
- It only remains to distribute the mixture in the molds for poles, place a stick and store it in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours.
2.- Cheesecake pole
Original, right? Well, when you try it you will love it.
- The first thing you will need is to heat 25 grams of butter and crumble in it 8 cookies, they can be marias or cookies. Knead until you get a homogeneous mass and prieta.
- Beat 300 grams of raspberries along with 200 grams of mascarpone cheese, a yogurt and 30 grams of sugar or sweetener.
- Distribute this mixture in the molds for poles and put them to freeze for 2 hours. After this time introduces the stick in the center and just fill with the mixture of butter and cookies. Then freeze for 2 more hours.
3.- Chocolate pole
Maybe the favorite pole of the younger ones, but also of the older ones.
- To prepare this pole, melt the chocolate in the water bath.
- Chop and melt the chocolate to the water bath.
- Open a vanilla pod and scrape the seeds.
- In a bowl put 200 ml of milk, 100 ml of cream, two-thirds of the melted chocolate and vanilla seeds. Whisk manually until all ingredients are well mixed. Let cool.
- Peel and cut a sliced banana and distribute them in the molds. Then fill them with the chocolate mixture and freeze for 1 hour. Place the sticks and keep freezing for at least 3 or 4 more hours.
- When consuming them, unmold, cover one end of the pole with melted chocolate and slice it in crushed almonds.
4.- Brick pasta cornet
It may be the one that requires more elaboration, you can make cones or small bowls to fill them with ice cream.
- Wash, dry and chop 200 grams of strawberries.
- Mix 30 grams of sugar, two tablespoons of water and a few drops of lemon and take it to a boil.
- Add the strawberries and let confit with low heat for 4 minutes. After this time put out the fire and let it cool.
- Mix 150 grams of cheese spreads, two yogurts and a teaspoon of sugar, add the candied strawberries and stir. Store it in the freezer.
- To prepare the cornet, preheat the oven to 180ºC, put a sheet of brick paste, pincélalala with olive oil, fold the sheet in half, roll it around a cone-shaped mold and bake the leaves for about 15 minutes.
- With ice cream form large balls and fill the cones with care that they do not break.
5.- Fruit cornet
The advantage of this ice cream is that you can eat fresh and varied fruit.
- Melt chocolate in the water bath. With it it impregnates the edge of the cornets and batter with crushed almond (you can also do it with pistachios or hazelnuts). Leave it in the fridge so that the chocolate picks up consistency.
- Beat four yogurts with honey and leave them in a bucket or bowl in the freezer for 4 hours, stirring every 40 minutes.
- Peel a handle and a kiwi and clean 4 strawberries. Cut it all to little daditos and add some red fruits (blueberries, blackberries …). Fill the cornets with yogurt and honey ice cream and crown with the fruits.
- To unmold the poles put the molds under the tap with warm water.
- So that the ice creams take longer to unravel you can add a little gelatin to the mixture.