The sweetness and exoticism of the banana in a soft pastry to be made in a Jian’s jout!
Have a few bananas been forgotten in the fruit basket?
Satiating and rich in antioxidants, it is now the most consumed fruit in the world, far ahead of apples or oranges, and an essential healthy ally. But then, barely a week and the flesh softens while brown spots come to tarnish the yellow of the skin.
And yet, no question of waste! Sweeter, stronger in taste, overripe bananas give rise to delicious easy recipes among which banana bread has made a place of choice. A great favorite of influencers concerned about their health, we find it today under an infinity of variations.
And we in all this, how do we find our way around?
We want easy, tasty, healthy! And the healthy banana bread recipe idea that follows keeps all its promises. A minimum of time for a maximum of taste, let’s go, and that it smells good in the kitchen!
How do I get a fluffy banana bread?
Beyond the taste, banana bread seduces with its moist and melting texture so comforting. And on the fluffy side, no need to look very far, the secret is bananas! The more there are, the more ideal the rendering will be.
Success guaranteed in short for this healthy banana bread which includes no less than 4 whole bananas.
A little trick to ripen your bananas foster? Place them in the oven in their skin at 180 ° C (thermostat 6) for a few minutes!
The healthy ingredients of my banana bread
200 calories a share on average, banana bread as tasty as it is is rather caloric and includes ingredients easily replaceable by healthier alternatives. No butter, milk, white flour, or refined sugar in the healthy version, but rather:
- Whole wheat flour: Rich in fiber and with a low glycemic index, it effectively fights against overweight and cardiovascular disease.
- Nutmeg: Excellent for digestion and bone density.
- Cinnamon: One of the most popular spices in the world, known for its digestive properties and appetite suppressant action that make it an ideal slimming ally.
- Maple syrup: Packs antioxidants and helps fight stress.
- Coconut oil: Rich in vitamins and essential fatty acids.
How is banana bread stored?
Moist and tender, banana bread can only be kept for 2 to 3 days at room temperature, and up to a week in the refrigerator.
For storage for up to 3 months, let your pastry cool completely and cut it into slices that you will place in the freezer, protected in freezer bags. Simply take out the slices as you taste and let them thaw quickly at room temperature.
The flavors and texture remain intact. Time for preparation!
Preparation: 10 minutes.
Cooking: 50 minutes.
Kcal: 177 | Sugar: 9 g | Fats: 7 g | Of which saturated fats: 5 g | Sodium: 166 g | Protein: 4 g | Fiber: 3 g | Carbohydrates: 25 g | Cholesterol: 31 mg
- 280g whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 4 crushed bananas (feel free to leave a few pieces for more delicacy!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 80 ml melted coconut oil
- 80 ml maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180°C (thermostat 6)
- Butter a cake pan or use a cooking plaster spray. Reserve.
- In a bowl, combine the wholemeal flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and pinch of salt. Reserve.
- In another container, combine the crushed bananas, eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk together until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Pour the liquid preparation over the dry ingredients and mix everything well with a spatula.
- Pour into the previously buttered cake pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Check the cooking with a toothpick or at the tip of a knife: it must come out clean and dry.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about ten minutes before tasting!
Add to the basic preparation a few chopped nuts, raisins or chocolate chips for more delicacy!